Organised by Dionysia Press
£150 for the best poem
£1.50 per poem
- All entries must be original and hitherto unpublished work.
- Entries must be typed on A4 paper. The name and address of the author should be enclosed on a separate slip.
- All participants will receive notification of the prize-winners.
- Closing date 15th June 2014.
- The prize-winning poem will be published in Understanding and part or all of the prize-winning play will also be published.
- Non prize-winning entries may also be selected for publication in Understanding.
- A stamped addressed envelope must be enclosed with entries for notification of the prize- winners.
- The decisions of the judges are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The organisers reserve the right to change closing dates if submissions are insufficient or unsatisfactory.
To purchase copies please send cheques to: Dionysia Press, 127 Milton Road West, Edinburgh EH15 1JG, UK.
How to Enter:
Send your entries, with your entry fees and SAE to: Understanding, 127 Milton Road West, 7, Duddingston House Courtyard, Edinburgh EH15 1JG.
Panel of Judges:
Dr Thom Nairn was writer in residence, Ross and Cromarty and East and Midlothian District Councils and Editor of Cencrastus and Understanding Magazine. He has published three collections of poetry: Sky Burial, Chagall Takes A Fall, Poems for Bonnie and Josie, The Sand Garden, and many translations.
Dr Susanna Roxman, prize-winner, Hampton’s International Poetry Contest 1987, and visiting lecturer, Lund University, Sweden, She has published: Crossing The North Sea, Imagining Seals, Broken Angels.
Denise Smith, BA, DEA, poet, playwright, Editor of Understanding, Part-time lecturer, Edinburgh University. She has published The Stone Moon, Skies of Sand, Mirrors, (Plays) and many translations.